- Our standards are based in Adobe Illustrator with PDF compatibility.
- We also accept Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, ArtPro, Adobe PDF and Esko Normalized
- It is recommended that you also include a PDF of your layout for preview and quality
- Create your document at 100% of final size. If your application does not allow this,
setup at 50%, 25% or 10%. Scale used should be noted in art margin, or as part of
the file name.
- Include a minimum of 0.25 inch bleed (at 100%) on all jobs. This is most important
with scanned images. Wall murals and windows usually require up to 2 inch bleed.
- All fonts/links are to be included with provided art. Both InDesign and illustrator
have a "Package" feature under the File menu that can do this for you.
- Wherever possible, convert all text to curves (outlines/paths). Ideally, send one
version with text converted to curves and one version with fonts intact for possible
editing (if necessary).
- Please provide art in CMYK color mode (plus spot colors desired).
- Any spot colors must be specified using PANTONE Matching System* for best results.
- When specifying white in your file, please create a spot color swatch named "White
Ink". Our RIPs automatically use white ink for any spot color named "White Ink".
Give the swatch a color breakdown that is easily visible, but not used elsewhere
in the job. Include a note on the file (outside the trim) specifying what color,
visible in your layout, represents white ink.
- Please include a matchprint or a printed sample to match to.
* Color match accuracy will vary depending on color range (gamut) of printing method
used and substrate.
- Please view your art at full print size to ensure proper art quality.
- Provide images at a minimum of 100ppi at full scale. If art is 1/2 scale, resolution
= 200ppi; 1/4 scale = 400ppi, 1/10 scale = 1000ppi.
- If this cannot be achieved, or you want further clarification, call your Vomela
- Use the "collect for output", "Package", or similar feature in your software to
guarantee all necessary files are sent with the job.
- Please provide any files created in layers using Photoshop (or similar software),
along with artwork, in case editing is required.
- Please provide art file untrapped; our prepress department will handle all trapping
- To avoid “banding” in gradients, create your gradients in Photoshop and add a little
bit of noise. Illustrator gradients tend to show banding or stepping.
- For best results, avoid using Pantone colors with any types of effects/transparencies.
Use the CMYK values for more predictable results.