- Our standards are based in Adobe Illustrator with PDF compatibility.
- We also accept Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, ArtPro, Adobe PDF and Esko Normalized
- It is recommended that you also include a PDF of your layout for preview and quality
- Create your document at 100% of final size. If your application does not allow this,
setup at 50%, 25% or 10%. Scale used should be noted in art margin, or as part of
the file name.
- Include a minimum of 0.25 inch bleed (at 100%) on all jobs. This is most important
with scanned images. Wall murals and windows usually require up to 2 inch bleed.
- All fonts/links are to be included with provided art. Both InDesign and illustrator
have a "Package" feature under the File menu that can do this for you.
- Wherever possible, convert all text to curves (outlines/paths). Ideally, send one
version with text converted to curves and one version with fonts intact for possible
editing (if necessary).
- For best results, please use a minimum font size of 10 pt. Anything less may result in the text being unreadable.
- Please provide art in CMYK color mode (plus spot colors desired).
- Any spot colors must be specified using PANTONE Matching System* for best results.
- When specifying white in your file, please create a spot color swatch named "White
Ink". Our RIPs automatically use white ink for any spot color named "White Ink".
Give the swatch a color breakdown that is easily visible, but not used elsewhere
in the job. Include a note on the file (outside the trim) specifying what color,
visible in your layout, represents white ink.
- Please include a matchprint or a printed sample to match to.
* Color match accuracy will vary depending on color range (gamut) of printing method
used and substrate.
- Please view your art at full print size to ensure proper art quality.
- Provide images at a minimum of 100ppi at full scale. If art is 1/2 scale, resolution
= 200ppi; 1/4 scale = 400ppi, 1/10 scale = 1000ppi.
- If this cannot be achieved, or you want further clarification, call your Vomela
- Use the "collect for output", "Package", or similar feature in your software to
guarantee all necessary files are sent with the job.
- Please provide any files created in layers using Photoshop (or similar software),
along with artwork, in case editing is required.
- Please provide art file untrapped; our prepress department will handle all trapping
- To avoid “banding” in gradients, create your gradients in Photoshop and add a little
bit of noise. Illustrator gradients tend to show banding or stepping.
- For best results, avoid using Pantone colors with any types of effects/transparencies.
Use the CMYK values for more predictable results.
- For best results, vector art should be used for text, logos and cut files when possible. If
you are sending rasterized art of fonts and logos, make sure print quality at 100%
of actual print size is satisfactory. (ex. File created at 1/10 scale should be
viewed at 1000 pct on your monitor for quality approval)